Friday, August 19, 2005

A Sense of Humor

Sometimes I feel the world is too serious. I get this feeling when I say something funny (of course in my personal acerbic humor method), and the person reacts as if it is a super serious statement.

Years ago comedian Steve Allan's son (a medical doctor) gave a counseling presentation on the theraputic value of humor in healing and therapy. It seems that people who laugh heal better (medically) and have better mental health.

I personally think if we laughed and smiled 5 minutes a day we would add 10 years to our lives. Of course we would but a doctor, pharmasutical company and a therapist out of work with such improvement to health.........

In addition, If we took just 5 minutes a day to pray, I think our spiritual well being would be healed as well. I am working very hard to regain my strength in prayer. As many of you know, I have candidly said in sharing prayer has become (for me) more difficult to focus on as I get older. I am trying my best to overcome this lack of focus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

nobody gets my humor either.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home