Friday, July 15, 2005

My Godchild Brennan Sweeney

I just got a letter from her Dad, Tim Sweeney. For those taking notes (Dennis Schenekel & Patrick Gall'A'ger), Tim's cousin and namesake is Father Timothy Sweeney, OSB. Who is pastor of the Immaculate Parish in Owensboro, KY.

She has decided to use the gift that Annette and I (her two godparents) for Textbooks. We gave her a 529 savings plan with enough money to help her start in College. I've got to add another 50.00 to cover a suprise Tennessee Best 529 plan charge I didn't anticipate.

She is going to University of Memphis and major in education. I am proud of her and her success at White Station High School.

Annette and I are excited about her starting in college. we can still remember the Baptism at St Louis Church in Memphis 17 years ago.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fred Deaton said...

Dennis,

It will happen QUICKLY! They will grow up FAST!

It seems like just yesterday she (Brennan) was Baptized at St Louis!

The priest who Baptized was the priest at our (Annette and my) pre marital encounter group preparing for marriage workshop at Resurection a few years earlier.
I believe he passed away due to an illness. I can't remember his name at the moment.

One thig I will say, I have been surprised at the number of people who have told me being a god-parent is only an honorary thing. That wasn't the case with mine and it isn't the case of me being one. I think it is (or should be) a treasured responsibility.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home