Sunday, August 14, 2005

Yes, I AM A Professional Rasslin fan

One thing I have not mentioned (in past posts) about myself is that I am a rabid Professional Wrestling fan.

I just got tickets to the RAW show in Jackson TN on September 3rd. A friend, his daughter, and I plan to attend. My friend's daughter will have a sign. I hope to be able to take pictures to post.

Now I know what you are thinking, how is it that a Professional (and Licensed) Therapist with training in REBT and Reality Therapy can possibly watch wrestling? Well wrestling has always appeared to be a form of theraputic psychodrama to me.

I started watching wrestling at my grandmother's house I guess as a 4 year old toddler in 1957-58. I remember dad coming over and having to calm her down from getting upset over the matches. I have been a fan since that day!

In a point of trivia, one of the Memphis promoters (from the 60's) attended my home parish (St Paul Church) in Memphis.

I want to correct the universal notion of spelling. in Tennessee, wrestling is spelled 'Rasslin!

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

I have been a few times to RAW and back when WCW was seperate Nitro. Koko B Ware's mother was my lunch lady in middle school, and in high school my friend and I made weekly trips to the New Daisy to participate in KAW. Sting preached at World overcomers last week, and I have been holding onto an idea of a rasslin gimick for a while now, and will continue to hold on to it until I am a priest. Then it is up for grabs, cause I won't need it anymore.

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home