Monday, August 01, 2005

Well I didn't get to the St pat's Picnic in McEwen TN for the second straight year

Well I didn't get to the St pat's Picnic in McEwen TN for the second straight year, but I did spend saturday July 30th, 2005 buying a car.

I got a 2005 silver Honda Civic.

Funny if I had bought a car a year ago, I would've bought a bigger car. BUT now that gas is up to 2.20 a gallon...It made the Civic a logical choice with 30 MPG in the city and 40 MPG on the highway. I should save 35% on my gas bill!

I guess I'll have to pull out the old old clunker, my (1989) Buick SkyHawk to do the routine things around the house.

3 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Good choice I like the Civic, my brother has one, very few problems with that car.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Fred Deaton said...

Pat, welcome back! I hope you are renewed and ready!

I started at the Honda Dealer and the price was 13,880 plus tax.

So far I have used half a tank of gas for the week, so I can tell an economical difference.

My late great 1998 Hyundai Sonata was staring to act possessed. I would sit in the car and the locks would engage for no reason. Suddenly the door would not open. The wipers would start up for no reason.

I was starting to spend an average of 200 a month on repairs to keep it going.

Personally I love driving my 1989 clunker Buick Stationwagon, but my wife, Annette will NOT ride in it! So I guess I HAD to get another car!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Fred Deaton said...

Thanks Diana. I changed to for the future!

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home