Monday, August 08, 2005

After sitting in the garage 6 months, Ole Hoopty works!

My wife gave me the edict: " you cant use the new car (2005 Civic) for hauling things". "The dogs cannot go in the new car"!

SO knowing this edict, I went out to the garage and started Ole Hoopty up this morning. Ole Hoopty has been in the garage since November. Annette did not want the neighbors to see the car! This is the (she calls) shameful car that Annette will not ride in with me! It is a 1989 Buick SkyHawk Station wagon. Buick made very few Skyhawks. It is like a Cavalier with an extra long bumper. It has a piece of crap paint job, but HEY, the beauty is it is paid for!

It is actually a very well made car. It is one of the last "under the shade tree repairable cars" made. Surprisingly it has a great 4 cylinder fuel injected engine. It has only a 113,000 real miles! And for a 16 year old car that is pretty good.

I really don't see why my wife hates it! it drives great! Oh sure it reves up a little and looks like crap. I prefer to call it having a "seasoned look".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home