Sunday, April 16, 2006

Saturday April 15th Tax Ides of April......

Well, I too the time to finish and mail off our taxes. I may be the last person on earth to still do their personal taxes. I consider it a rite of being a universally skilled person to do one's taxes.

I used H & R Block's TaxCut software instead of TurboTax (or CompleteTax or TaxACT). There is a lot of variation of delivery of software, and I chose TaxCut based on it was the cheaper of the preparation softwares I had reviewed. I didn't like TurboTax's setup last year because it buried some of the deduction areas and made them hard to find in their review process. I had to go to the form and call the item up.

I was pleased with H&R Block's TaxCut package.

I checked all the numbers, copied and addressed the envelope to send the taxes. I spun all the numbers around to be sure they worked, put the forms in the envelope and took the envelope to Oakfield TN post office. I made sure the postal worker weighed, stamped, and hand cancelled the return. Oakfield is actually the closest post office to my house. It is just 1.5 miles due north of my house.

I put the forms in the mail. WOW, another taxing year over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home