Friday, March 03, 2006

I had a tough choice

It was either the St Mary's Lenten Fish Fry or the St Matthew Lenten Fish Fry. I went to the St Matthew's one so I could take my parents.

It was your classic fish fry Catfish, White Beans, Slaw, Hush Puppies, & Fries...... The food was GREAT!! My parents loved it!! and I loved spending time with them.

I will go to the St Mary's Fish Fry next weekend. The parens have to come to Jackson this time!!!!! The local daily paper promotes The St Marys Fish Fry heavily.

Anybody remember those weekly all you can eat fish at Howard Johnson's in Memphis in the 60's?? There was the HoJo's on Poplar and the one on US 51 South in Whitehaven.
Those were the days of the meatless fridays year-round. The line would be out the door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home