Monday, March 13, 2006

Meeting in Miami

I had a training meeting in Miami last week. We flew out of Jackson TN (yes there is an airport to St Louis (what a dark dreary) airport to orlando (where my wife used wireless to e-mail), and finally to Miami.

The meeting was 8-4:30 straight with luncheon meetings not to break the chain of all-day four wall meetings. In the evening I got to hook up with my bestest friend growing up, Joe. Joe and I have been best friends since age 4. We went from Kindergarden to 12th grade though school together. Aculayy there were three others that did the same, but Joe and I were best friends from the first day of 4 year old kindergarden. Let me put this another way, we have been friends for 48 years! We talked about Grade school, high school how we have made it to the point of the mid 50's in age.

He lives on South Beach in a high rise apartment. This area of Miami Beach is where the beautiful people play. He showed us the South bheach playland and took us (my wife and I) to dinner.

It was nice to see Joe, it had been 5 years since I had seen him prior to this visit. Well, I learned a lot at the meeting. I was fortunate to mix business and pleasure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fred Deaton said...

The tragic loss of a hard drive is every reason to go back there again. Hey, you can even practice your spanish. errr, do they have spring breaks in Seminary??????

Your 2003 visit just proves that you are one of the "Beautiful People" that party at one of the best party venues in the United States.

Joe took us to some Italian place, and I cant remember the name. There are many places and all have sidewalk tables. Its hard to see the seperation among places.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home