Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The bad part of the trip to Miami

For some reason, I am always being wanded and asked to remove my shoes at airports. I guess I look like someone who of Arabic backsground. Nothing is further from the truth. I have a lot of Irish (great grandfather was Irish), a lot of French (my grandmother was a french immigrant), and a heintz 57 mix of everything else. I guess it could be the large goatee beard growth on my chin that makes me look sinister.

Anyway Miami was no exception. Annette (my wife) and I were standing in line to go through the metal detectors. We were pulled out of line. Annette was placed back in line. They took all items (coat watch medallion, wallet, shoes, coins and keys)and ran them though the machine. I then had to go into an enclosed booth. Once in the booth, a strong blast of air was blown thoughout the booth. The machine made noise like it was doing something. I stood there for a few minutes and then the plexiglass soors open. I then had to go through a more advanced metal detector. While this was happening, my things having gone through the screening machine (watch, Blessed Mother Theresa metal and chain, keys, coins, and Wallet) were all carefully inspected by hand.

After leaving the metal detector, I had to sit in a red chair next to a table watching the authorities go through finishing inspecting my stuff. I then had to collegt my stuff and put on my shoes. Then they put a sticker on my airline ticket with the statement "TSA MIA CLEARED". To be honest while sitting in the red seat, I was terrified that I was going to get in trouble or already up to my neck in trouble.

I later found out that Annete was placed in the front of the line ahead of everybody else and the security person said that she had to be placed in line. SO there were some agitated people that had been in line for 45 minutes that Annette stepped in front of. They were bringing people and their big bags to have their bags examined while I was going through all of my checks. They also had to sit in red seats.

It was truly a very stressful adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home