Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Well, I went to St Matthew Spaghetti Supper in Milan

Well, on Feb 7, 2006, Annette and I drove from Jackson TN to Milan. It took us 30 minutes to drive from work to my parents home. We picked up my parents and then proceeded to go to St Matthews just down the street on Telecom Drive.

St. Matthews is a small church and a mission of Sacred Heart in Humboldt. It is very similar in size and design to other churches in the rural area. Bishop (now Cardinal) Stafford really opened up the rural area to the faith. They have one weekend mass at St Matthews, Sunday at 8:00am.

The place was very crowded. there was a line waiting to be served. The food was great! The spaghetti was very good, and the salad was one of the salads I have had in a long time.

The most striking thing I can say about St Matthews is that everybody was super friendly. Keep in mind, my dad just moved to Milan recently, and Annette and I live in Jackson and attend a much larger St Mary's church. Dad had attended a few masses prior to this and he said that everytime he goes, everybody is super friendly and really makes you feel glad you are there with them at the church.

Fr. Joel Schultz, the St Matthew's pastor is great! He talks to everybody and takes time to get to know everyone at the Supper. In my opinion, he is a throwback to the priests of years ago. He makes a person feel that he is glad to know you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home