Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sometimes something happens that makes you realize people are genuinely good

Last week, I was sitting at my desk at work really not thinking about anything, and then the phone rang. I gave the usual "Fred Deaton at Jackson State Counseling Office, may I help you" to the caller.

A student enrolled in college called to tell me that I had helped her buy a book, and she wanted to pay me back for the book I bought for her.

To be honest, I have purchased books a lot of times for different students. This is the first one to take the step of returning the money. This action by a student comes at a time that I have been struggling to have faith in people. I needed something to restore my faith in people.

It feels real good to have one's faith in our fellow men restored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home