Monday, September 12, 2005

The passing of another adult role model figure

Mrs. Sartain.

This has been a tough year in losses of parent figures from my youth. Mrs. Sartain worked in the office at St Paul School (the grade school I attended) for many years. I knew her as the mother of another student, Peter Sartain. She was an example to consider as a model to follow in one’s life.

She is a devout and religious person, but she was also a real and everyday person. She –in short- was an example of how to blend religion and everyday life. She didn’t sit in the first pew and wear religion like a badge, but she in a pew with average ordinary individuals.

She and another adult role model Mr. (Charlie) Beard were ordinary everyday rooted in the earth real people who had a strong grasp of their faith.

With respect to Mr. Beard: I wrote her son, Peter Sartain, earlier in the year to tell him about the passing of Mr. Beard. He and I both consider that Mr. Beard and the other figures in our lives to be influential.

I just hope I and many others that Mrs. Sartain influenced (by her example) are ready to stand alone without guidance and strength. I am not sure we are ready to stand alone without her guidance. She gave us a great example of how to be contemporary and strong in faith. I just hope I can stand up and live to all the examples set in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home