Monday, September 19, 2005

All in all, a pretty good week end

I saw my dad, while he was passing through on Thursday and he stayed with me Thursday night. He was on his way to Memphis TN. This was a perk to a really good weekend. He is well and seems to be in great health. We Picked up Annette new glasses at Sam's Club Friday night. Since we were there, we went next door to do the wal-mart shopping. Great place to go the eye exam at Sam's was only 45.00! The glasses were half what other stores ask for. The rest of the weekend, we stayed near home.

I cut the grass on Saturday afternoon. It was a tough cut, because of the near 3 inches of rain on the previous Thursday. The grass really needed to dry more.

Other than that, I filled the hummingbird feeders. The other feeders I am planning to move, so I am waiting for them to empty. The last two weeks have been a peak time for Hummingbirds. It must be migrating time again. We are also getting a large number of colorful butterflies. I have never seen such a variety in years. I am just amazed at the color.During the weekend,

I also played with my two dogs, Peanut and Buster. They are great fun and neither tires of rope tug or fetch ball. They have all kinds of tasks to do in a day. They guard, play, chew, guard, go outside to bark, guard, play and chew.

In all of this, Annette was studying for a course she is taking.

I may have mentioned the outdoor dog named Summer in an earlier post. She is the neighborhood dog, and she is managed collectively by 3 or 4 neighbors. Well, she had a friend stop by for breakfast, Gus. He rarely stops in the morning, but lately he has been by regularly in the afternoon. I think his buddy (a brown dog) may have left the area, and he has befriended summer. Oh well, if he wants some food, he gets fed too. Biscuit, another neighbor dog stopped by, but Buster’s barking scared him off. And then there is Bart. Bart is a 14 year old Sheltie that runs away from his home and lives on our end of the neighborhood. He has a great home, but he wants to live over in our area when he gets out. The dogs love what I feed them. My secret in dog food is to mix canned dog food with dry dog food. Usually it is Pedigree canned and Pedigree dry. The dogs just love it. For the outdoor dogs, it is Old Roy Can and Old Roy Dry. They just love the food!

Since the gas prices went up through the roof, we try to have one day on the weekend where we abstain from driving. It really is good, because it makes us spend more time at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home