Monday, November 21, 2005

Ready for the thanksgiving Turduckhen

To be different this year, we ordered a Cajun Turduckhen for thanksgiving.

For those of you who have never had such an item, it is Boneless (except legs & wings) Turkey stuffed with boneless Duck, and that is stuffed with boneless chicken, and that is stuffed with dressing (in my case, a creole dressing). It is a great meal!

We will also have BBQ Smoked Chicken from Hays Smokehouse in Lexington.

We have 3-4 side dishes planned and White chocklet bread pudding for desert.

My dad is fixing up his Milan house and getting ready for the movers set for December 4th to move his stuff from Crossville to Milan. With dad and his wife in the area, I am glad We planned a big Thanksgiving meal

I'll post on what everyone thought about the Turduckhen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

As a turkey tradionalist, I say tisk tisk. You need a Turkey. But, hey to each his own. Happy Turkey Day!!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Fred Deaton said...

It is a Turkey! BUT it is stuffed with Duck, Chicken, ans Dressing.

They are sold at Schnucks, so try one, if you are daring.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in southeast Alaska, and I'm trying a turduckhen for the first time this Thanksgiving. I had mine sent down from Fred Meyer's in Juneau. I suppose I should figure out what else to serve with it.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home