Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Finals as a college instructor

One of the more chaotic events of teaching is finals test and grading the tests. In a class such as Learning Strategies and Orientation to College, students wait to the last minute to turn in semester long assignments (Activity Reports and Journals). Every semester I grumble that there must be a better way to grade tests and record grades.

In a related comment, this year's group of students in my classes are some of the best ones I have had in my 20 years of teaching entry preparation classes. It has been an enjoyment to work with them. I will miss them!

1 Comments:

Blogger Fred Deaton said...

One late added comment after grades: My 8:00 clss is the first in 20 years for all class members to pass the course! The final roll had all 20 students stay from start to finish and pass! This class is now my benchmark goal to use for future classes! I will miss all of them!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home